Thursday, October 05, 2006

Big Bang Boom?

Have you heard the latest? Two scientist have apparently proven the Big Bang Theory. You can read about it here: U.S. pair win physics Nobel for backing up Big Bang

"Cosmology now is a precision science," said Lawrence Krauss, a theoretical physicist at Case Western University in Ohio.


"Tiny variations in temperature could show where matter had started aggregating. Once this process had started, gravitation would take care of the rest: matter attracts matter which leads to stars and galaxies forming," the Academy said.

Note the word "could".

Here is another article on it: The starting point for cosmology as a precision science

I think I need to know more as it sounds like they have discovered something that might prove a theory. Might!! They haven't proven the Big Bang Theory. They have proven that one theory of the Big Bang Theory "might" be correct. You think this surprising "discovery" is going to "prove" the evolution side on the Creation vs. Evolution argument? What do you think?

2 comments:

Zaak said...

I believe this proves the mechanics of how the universe was formed, not how life originated.

Also, I'm pretty impressed that they were able to measure variations in temperature up to 1/100000 of a degree. That's awesome! Plus, if that's what it took (such miniscule variations in temperature) to create the stars, planets, asteroids and moons, God is Great.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I agree with zaak in that it may prove one but not quite the other...

I also believe that anything is possible but as soon as they can make another Big Bang happen and get it on tape with every issue of each days newspaper corresponding to the actual event then maybe, just maybe I will believe it completely...