Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Another Year Older...One More Year Wiser?

I guess that is left to debate whether I am wiser or not...but it is my birthday and I can have my delusions for at least one day. The big FOURTY-FIVE!!

It wasn't one of the best birthdays as I had to go back to the hospital late last night because one of the entry points on my abdomen was starting to get quite red. So we went in just before midnight and got out of there at 1:30am after having an antibiotic IV. Had to get up this morning to be there at 7:30am for another antibiotic IV. Then I waited to see a surgeon. He looked at it and was happy that is wasn't as pink as it was last night because the antibiotics were working. So he gave me a prescription so I don't have to keep driving into Edmonton 3 times a day to get the IV.

Went for lunch with Dawn and Holly at BP's in Stony Plain. Came home and basically rested and did nothing. Dawn brought the kids home from the farm and my oldest daughter gave me a funny birthday card she had made. I love it when she signs it "Your favourite daughter Jacinta".

When I can eat something and enjoy it, we will probably go out for a nice dinner. Hey...at least I saw my 45th!!

10 comments:

Bravus said...

Happy birthday man - and yeah, definitely hang out for the serious steak dinner once the plumbing is all working right again!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Happy birthday too youuuuuuu..
Happy birrrrthdayyy tooo youuuu....
Happy birthday really ooolllddd mannnnn without an appendiiiixxxx....
Happy birrrrthdaayyyy toooo youuuuu!!!!

Sirdar said...

Thanks David. When the plumbing gets back to normal we'll be a celabrating.

Thanks Naughty. Laughing makes my stomach hurt but that was worth it!! :-)

Zaak said...

Many Happy Returns! (does this have anything to do with boomerangs? I don't know.) I'm glad you survived your appendix (they should attach expiry dates to them, so you know exactly how long some parts of your body will last).

You have the same birthday as my father.

Sirdar said...

Zaak...your father picked a good day to have his birthday :-)

Cibbuano said...

you have a 'favourite' daughter?

Sirdar said...

Cibby...they all say they are my favourite daughter and I tell them they are my favourite daughters!! They are all special to me.

Jason said...

True dat. Happy birthday.

Derelict said...

Happy birthday!

Hope you feel better soon.

Blight said...

Happy Birthday, I guess we're both Virgos!

Enjoy your time with your family.