Home Again
Looks like the experiment of going back to work is over. I tried, but it didn't work out the way I hoped it would. Wearing pants puts pressure on the lower abdomen and thus my belly button. I could stand it for a while but eventually had to succumb. The pain seems like it is inside me...which makes sense. Therefore, I am back at home and will do some work online. In the mean time I wait to see the surgeon on Thursday to get assessed. I should be back to work on Tuesday after the long weekend.
8 comments:
After having my appendix removed at 14 and cesearean section deliveries with both my kids, I am sad to say, I can relate to your pain. Take 'er easy, and for goodness sakes, don't lift! Not even a grocery bag. Oh, and I am sure you will be thrilled to hear that vacumning is the worst thing you can do after abdominal surgery, so that's out too.
with sympathy...k.
Thanks for the sympathy Kim. As for lifting... :-) That is hard to refrain from doing. I would imagine your C-section would be a bit more painful than what I have going on right now. And I'll try to refrain from vacuuming...it will be tough but I am sure I can hold back for a while :-)
I don't know, but it sounds like a lobotomy would be less painful! I might sign up :) And thankfully I had natural childbirth. I hear cesearean's are the worst! I don't want to find out :) Sirdar, can you have one of those next and you can be my guinea pig. No excuses about the whole gender thing, just do it anyway!
Naughty...I know we have some different laws up here (i.e. gay and lesbian marriage) than the US does not mean that the gender thing changes too. I will wait for some other guy to have the c-section and then report back to you. Kim has already gone through the C-section thing. I'll take her word that it probably hurts like heck!!
Dude, it's simple: go to work, but don't wear pants!
David...my boss said that wasn't an option. :-)
Lorne, I heard your wife offered you a nice loose dress to wear. I think you are just making excuses...
Kudos on trying to work. Kudos on being sensible enough to listen to your body and going home. Many people wouldn't have either!
Post a Comment