Thursday, May 25, 2006

Prince on American Idol

Did you happen to catch Prince on American Idol last night?  The kids had some friends over and they all started giggling and laughing.  I went over to see what they were giggling and laughing at...and there was Prince.  One thing I noticed besides the fact that Prince still wears purple is that he doesn't look like he aged a bit from his 80's look.  I think he even looks younger.  He has similar hair but he doesn't have a goatee now.  I actually didn't mind Prince back in the Purple Rain days.
 
But here were my kids and their friends commenting on him: Look at his hair?  He is wearing eye shadow.  He sounds like a girl!!
 
Lets face it, the new generation laughs at the old spandex and hairspray era.  Think of all the old rockers...Poison, Motley Crue, etc.  Then there was Flock of Seagulls...and I can't think of any more like that right now.  But a lot of what the bands are doing now is because of the pioneers of the past where they pushed the limits of "normal".
 
But Prince sounds like a girl?  Good thing the Bee Gees didn't come on for a reunion last night.

5 comments:

Bravus said...

I have a crate o' vinyl too (not like Mike's though) - maybe you an me should split one o' these puppies?

Sirdar said...

That is a good idea David. I did notice a couple of issues we might have. First off it is only USB 1.1 compatable. Second, it can oly be shipped in the US. Now, my bud from Washington State is coming up in a few weeks....

Bravus said...

Might be doable... (And sorry, I posted my reply under the wrong message, 'cos I was thinking of it before I left for work and by the I made it in you'd posted again and I didn't notice). The simplest thing would probably be if I kicked in 50 bucks or whatever you think is fair and left my vinyl with you. You could digitize it and get it to me on-line or mail a CD or two, and keep the records (since you'd now have a turntable and all!) You might be interesting in some of the stuff I have - old Uriah Heep and Manfred Mann among other things.

Bravus said...

Oh, and i think all USB 2.0 ports are backward compatible with 1.1 stuff.

And there may be enough other friends around with old vinyl they'd like transfered who would kick in some dough as well... worth checking out.

Cibbuano said...

I, too, have a couple of crates of vinyl that are lost somewhere in Canada...