Monday, May 29, 2006

Track and Field TEAM!!!

Tonight was the Track and Field event for Corporate Challenge. We had our first practise as a TEAM last week. I believe we got 3 points for our company.

In the Long Jump we came in first. It was the combined longest jumps for the male and female. Our male jumper was first overall for the men.

In the Shot Put we came in 9th. It was the combined longest put for the male and female. I don't know where I ended up against the men, but I wasn't first. I found out this morning that I was doing the shot put as the guy who was going to do it couldn't get to the field on time. I practised for about 20 minutes on Sunday in case I did have to do the shot put. Good thing I did. I put-ed 9.70m. I'll be ready next year and do better.

In the 4x100m relay we came in 6th.

So, after all the results were in, out of 17 TEAMS, we came in 5th place!!

2 comments:

Cibbuano said...

you're the HULK? over 9 m sounds pretty far!

Sirdar said...

Thats 31.8ft. It is not that far. The farthest I heard someone put it was 11.7m. I'm not sure if that was the winning put though. Back in high school I think I put-ed 38ft.

According to one site I just looked at the record is 23.12m for the men and 22.63m for the women.