Cold - Warm
In case you didn't know there is a Climate Change conference going on in Montreal right now. They obviously weren't in Edmonton for the past few days when the temperature got down to a balmy -28°C over night here at my place. But what a difference 48 hours make. I don't know what it got to today but it is around 9pm and it is +2°C. The only thing I don't like about that is the slush on the roads becomes a little messy. I would like winter to be below 0°C...say -5°C during the day and -10°C at night. That would be the perfect weather for winter. Oh...and of course some snow to provide the moisture we need in the spring. Some say that a winter without any snow is just fine and also the temperature being in the +20°C suits some people. I don't know how that would feel. I think it would feel weird not having 4 seasons. I'd like to try it one year to see. Maybe Australia would be nice during the winter months. They say Phoenix is pretty nice in the winter. Hopefully I will get to experience that before I am retired.
What do you prefer? A proper winter with snow and cold or a warm place without tobogganing?
2 comments:
I thought I'd be looking forward to a winter of sun and heat (in Australia), but I have to admit that christmas feels weird without snow.
But it's great for sports - I can run around outside all year.
Ya but you can't go skating!! :-)
The way things are going on here it wouldn't surprise me if we had a warm Christmas. It is supposed to be +10°C tomorrow and that will be December 11, 2005. 3 days ago it was a nightime low of -28°C.
One day I hope to be a Canadian in Austrailia during one winter to see if I like it.
Post a Comment