Tuesday, July 26, 2005

This Piece of Crap Was Made By FORD

Sigh :-(

The truck is having troubles...again. A bit of history on my 1997 Ford F-150 shows that at around 90,000kms they replaced the motor. After I got it at about 118,000kms, I've had the transmission rebuilt (still doesn't shift right), some bearings in the rear-end replaced, the power steering hose replaced, the emergency brake cables replaced, a few other things were replaced but can't think of them all, and the clutch and master cylinder replaced. Everything but the clutch and master cylinder were replaced under warranty. Just picked it up after the second go around to get it to go into 1st and reverse, it still doesn't work. Now I have to go back to get it looked at again for the third time. Ever since I had the truck I complained to them about the way it shifts and the only comment I got back was "you should try the new trucks...they shift much worse than this one".

Remember when Ford and the saying "Quality is Job 1"? I think that was only a saying. Oh...And another thing...I usually use cruise control on the highway and now after picking it up and Welcome Ford working on the clutch and master cylinder, the cruise control doesn't work.

How many things need to go wrong for a vehicle to be called a LEMON!! At least the van has been pretty good. I think the next vehicle that we buy that ends up in my driveway will have a different badge than FORD. I can hardly wait...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuz you need to see the light and buy you a real mans truck! One that isn't scared to pull or get dirty. One that drives around with its bow tie pokein out. Son just buy you a CHEVROLET!!!!

Sirdar said...

*LOL* I think you are right!! Too late now but maybe next time I'll look at Chev...or Nissan or Toyota :-)