Canadian Idol No Longer a Talent Contest
Ashley Leitao was voted off Canadian Idol last night. Normally it wouldn't bother me as, through the power of democracy, she was voted off by the fans of the show. However, one thing last night that bothered me was this statement by one of the judges Jake Gold:
"I see someone from British Columbia. I see someone from Calgary and someone from Saskatoon and obviously Western Canada is not doing their job at getting out and supporting their own," he said.
This morning I bet he regrets saying what he said. Is Canadian Idol now a popularity contest of East Vs. West? I thought it was a talent show. If I was to vote I would vote who I thought was the singer I most enjoyed and I couldn't care less where he or she was from. Have we been duped into thinking that this was a talent show...showcasing some of the best young singers in Canada? Thanks Jake for setting the record straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment