VOIP Update
We had some problems recently but it seems to be better now. First, our WISP had some issues and then so did his host. That seems to be back in order now. We were having some serious sound quality issues as delay issues.
I found out that the delay issues was because of me. We were forwarding our phone to the new number. When someone called the delay was not good. I figured that out a few days ago when I called home on the new number and everything was good. I then hung up and called the old number and the delay was there. So now I have a message on the old number saying that we are trying a new phone service and to call our direct city number. That seems to have stopped the delay issue.
The VOIP phone company updated their end and had me reboot the modem. The sound isn't as good at our regular phone but it is much better. We will be giving it until the end of the month and then we will make a decision as the whether we will keep the new number.
8 comments:
So far it sounds like there are lots of little problems with VOIP.
But I guess that can be said for most things..
VOIP has been in the edmonton area for more than a couple years now hasn't it? How long before they iron out all their kinks?
Zaak: I am with a new Edmonton company based on my WISP's recommendation because of QoS agreement. Now that I figured out some of the issues, it is a lot better. It might also be because of the WISP as opposed to a normal cable or DSL connection. I just signed on with the WISP in September. He has only been running since the beginning of the year. There are now 3 that I can use.
It just seems like a lot to figure out for a dadgummed voice over service, but that is just me, who am I? I am Blu? Who are you? I am crazy and have lost my mind...I love it here at the asylum with all my frantic friends, just kiddin'....Had ya' going though didn't I?
Later...
Yikes! Sounds like a lot of issues to just have a phone! But if in the end it works out for the best then it would be well worth while. I use a digital cable line for my phone and had some problems for a good month which about sent me to the asylum that Blu was joking around about.. Actually we were roomates **snicker** But that was in the beginning. Its all good now and I love it.
Anyway, giving it a month before making a final decision is a great idea. You always gotta give something a try before making any decisions..
Take Care :)
This is great. You're working out all of the kinks so that when/if we go VOIP we don't have to have the same issues. Thanks! :)
You have way more patience than I when it comes to this. The first problem and I would have called to cancel. I'm like that though, impatient and demand things work at all times. You should see me when the power goes out, or my server is down for repairs. Just plain cranky.
Debbie: You probably noticed the internet was down again this afternoon. When it is down so is the phone. That is definitely something that will factor into me keeping it. It is unfortunate that our WISP has been down a couple of times recently. Haven't had any serious issues otherwise. You?
Joy: Coming from some of the comments you have made on your blog, you will notice that I have a lot more patience than you. Not to say that I don't get mad sometimes, but I've learned that things happen. In my line of work, things happen lots. So I guess I am just used to taking things in stride more.
Post a Comment