Parts Left Over
Don't you just hate it when you try to put something together and there are too many parts and no user manual to help determine where they go? Well, that has happened with my Durex - 10 inch, Model 21 table saw.
I bought my saw from a friend who was moving and didn't have any place to put it. He used it for his golf club making business. So, I needed one and I bought his. That was a couple of years ago...maybe even 3 years ago. I know that sounds like a long time, but I didn't need it right then. Of course, I wish it was set up an number of times and there were many times when I said to myself, "Self? Maybe its time to set up that table saw." Yup...have had some pretty good intentions.
During the time I was installing the laminate flooring I was thinking that maybe I should set up the table saw. Today, I started. I would like to say that I finished but I have no idea how some of these parts go together. I have an idea, but before I start taking things apart I thought I'd get my buddy to help me out. So I've sent him an email with a picture so we can both look at the picture and he can tell me which part goes where.
Oh...I know what you are thinking!! Your thinking that if I would have done a web search that I would be able to find a user manual for this brand of table saw. Well...you try it!! Look up "Durex table saw" and tell me what you find. I can tell you exactly what you will find. You will find a whole bunch of websites on Durex condoms!! While searching through those websites, there was no mention of a table saw. I finally came to the conclusion that a condom manufacturer might not make 10" table saws. So there I was siting and thinking of what I could do after going through those websites.
That is when I came to the brilliant idea of asking the guy who sold it to me how this thing goes together. I think those longer pipes replace the ones that are attached to the table as they have the same measurement graduations as the one that is attached...but the one that isn't attached, is longer. If you have any ideas...let me know!!
7 comments:
So I was thinking that I would take sometime and try and find this for you too. And your right the amount of condom ads is just crazy. Now it wasn't that I didn't believe you Sirdar cuz I did! BUT I am one of those people who finding something like this becomes a mission!
So here is my thoughts, I think Durex is not what you are going to find it under. Obviously, the name of the manufacturer is something completely different. Is there a tag underneath with a serial number or something? That could reference a manufacturer and then we should be able to find something there. Without that, I don't think you will ever know.
However, I did notice in my searching a lot of references to Sears. Kinda makes me wonder if this could be one of theirs???? I dunno... Anyway, just wanted to pass that along...
Hope you figure that out because I hate extra parts. They make me none-to-happy :o) Take care!
It looks assembled to me. Those extra parts are just decorations or something, ha,ha..
The mystery is solved. I was right that the longer pipes replace the ones attached to the saw. Now I can either replace them or store them. Now to wait until Friday or Saturday when I will be able to see the thing in the light of day to finish putting it together.
I was just showing Adrian the picture of the saw, and he said the same thing. The longer pipes are so that you can increase the distance between the fence and the blade.
By the way, I typed what he just told me - I have no real idea what it meant. :)
Feel free to give us a call in the evening if you have more questions.
Machinery and stuff like this are hubby's department but nice to read you managed to get it all together.
I laughed at the condom ads when looking up about your Durex. Someone told me if you type your name in google you can maybe bring up something on yourself, so I tried it and sure enough there I was. For a hoot I typed in A Spot of T and guess what came up? More 'G Spot' links than I care to know about. And that's all I have to say about that.
Debbie: I understand the lingo and got the message that Adrian was telling you. If you ever need to borrow it, just ask.
Joy: Condoms...G-Spots...at least they can go together :-)
I am so jealous about that table saw, I need one sooo bad. Well, at least I will...
G-spots and condoms, what's this talk all about...Hmmmm? I love my place here...
See ya' in a bit buddy...
Post a Comment