Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Adventures in Renovation Land - Part Deux Update

Well...I did it. OK...Jacinta and I installed the laminate flooring on Sunday. Took me/us from 1:30 to about 9:30 to finish what you see here. Of course nothing ever goes as planned but generally it was pretty easy. There were some boards that would not go together. Not sure why but it could be because of the weight of the bed or the floor isn't 100% level. Probably a combination of both.

But it is done. Jacinta is happy!! I still need to install baseboards and fill the spaces around the doors jambs. Jacinta and her mom will complete the walls in the room. Jacinta wants me to put up boards on her ceiling like we have on our ceiling.

In time young girl...in time...






10 comments:

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

That looks beautiful. I'll bet she's giddy! Tell her no running around in golf cleats on that floor!! :)

Chalice said...

The floor is absolutely beautiful! Nice job! :) Change like that always makes you feel so good... Especially when its done :)

Blight said...

Wow looks good. I haven't done anything like that yet, since I got my condo about all I've done is drill holes in the cement and mount a projector and shelves.

Sirdar said...

No Woody Award for this job unless Joy decides it is worthy.

Anonymous said...

Great job, wood floors are so nice and easy to look after, I bet your daughter is thrilled. And to do it yourself....ok ok I can't believe I'm going to say this....Sirdar gets another Woody Award :o)

Debbie said...

Looks awesome. Our floors need to be sanded and refinished - up for the job? ;)

Debbie said...

PS If you come and do our floors I'll even type up a pretty certificate that says "Woody Award" if you like.

Sirdar said...

Debbie: I can help if you need it. Just ask!!

As for the award? I didn't get a certificate from Dawn when I was done... :-( But she was very happy!! Happy wife, happy life!!

Debbie said...

You're so nice!

Anonymous said...

Oh nice
&door opened :D