Tuesday, December 05, 2006

White Stuff, Cold Stuff

I heard that in the month of November we got around 49cm (19.3") of snow. Our normal is 19cm (7.5"). Our mean temperature was around -9.7°C (14.5°F). The normal is around -4.4°C (24°F). The mean temperature is the total of the highs and the total of the lows divided by 2.

We had 10 days where the temperature dipped below -20°C. One of the coldest Novembers for some time. I would imagine we will get a lot more before this winter is done. A good winter if you like tobogganing, snowmobiling, or cross-country skiing.

Well...we needed the moisture :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been above average here temperature wise. We are getting lots of snow now though.
Maybe there isn't really global warming. Maybe it's really another ice age that's coming,ha,ha..

Anonymous said...

The more snow the better for me. My trees suffer all year if we don't get the moisture from the snow in the winter, plus my grass looks so much better. I also know the farmers are doing a happy dance with the snow we are getting. They have visions of some great crops next year.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

, I haven't been able to do so in many moons.

I love snow and can't wait to have more of it...

Have a great day buddy...!!!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Holy shyte!!! I don't mind cold, but that would make me kerazy!!

Chalice said...

I have always been one who loved the cold weather so much better than the hot, but when its as cold as it gets up there, it just makes me shiver and want to grab my blanket..

I do love the snow though. But like I have said before, only when I don't have to get out and do anything in it...

Take care..

Sirdar said...

BeautifulMind: After a while you just take the cold in stride. There isn't anything you can do about it except dress warm. You'd get used to it. You may not like it at times but you would get used to it.

Debbie said...

Moisture...farmers...things we say to console ourselves that there's too much darn snow!! I'm just kiddin - it's not 'till mid Jan or Feb that I start getting cranky and sick of the snow.

Sirdar said...

Debbie: I hear you about getting sick and tired of snow and cold. I'll wait until then to get frustrated though. The kids are having too much fun sledding on our side of the hill. They have the two gardens as jumps so they are having lots of sledding time this year.

Debbie said...

Yes, My kids love the snow as well, as you know. We haven't made it to that hill recently. Did I mention to you that your son approached us one day at the hill, and offered to sled with kids? Nice boy ya got there.

Sirdar said...

Debbie: I didn't know that. And yes he is a good boy...takes after his dad :-)

Actually my son plays well with little kids. They just love him. I think he must have the patience to deal with them. He babysits one little boy and when that boy hears that Traftan is coming....he gets so excited. And it isn't like the kids gets away with anything either. He tells the mom everything!!

Debbie said...

Well, don't think that I'm not keeping your family in mind for when WE need a babysitter. ;)