Guy Fawkes Day Celebrations
We celebrated Guy Fawkes Day this past weekend. It is an English celebration where there is a bonfire and fireworks. Somehow booze and food made it into the tradition :-) It was a lot of fun. Plus, I got to meet some more of my neighbours. They are really nice. We've already arranged to join them for a pot luck between Christmas and New Years. Looking forward to it.
Anyway, the couple who put it on posted some pictures and comments about the event. Check it out:
The Rise and Fall of the Guy
The Fireworks
The People (Were the cute couple at the bottom :-))
The Fire
I recommend that you find some English buddies and help them celebrate. Who cares if you have never heard of Guy Fawkes...you get to celebrate a new holiday!!
PS: Thanks Debbie for inviting us. Looking forward to next years effigy burning!!
6 comments:
We used to celebrate Guy Fawkes day in Tumbler Ridge with our Newfie friends. Kevin will take any excuse to have a BIG fire!(long as it's legal :)
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
Have you seen "V for Vendetta?"
V for Vendetta is great... and the original comic book is fantastic, too.
No Zaak...or Cibby...I haven't even heard of V for Vendetta.
It was great to have you - I'm looking forward to the potluck dinner now.
well. now you have! Time to go to the video store...
Post a Comment