Tuesday, August 15, 2006

High Speed Internet!!

I have signed up to have high speed wireless internet from CanadaSurfs.ca. We also plan to look into VOIP. Not sure if we are going with Vonage, VOIP Inter.net, or Broadvox Direct. I will ask the CanadaSurfs rep for the ones that seem to be working for his customers.

If you know of any people using VOIP ask them about it and let me know their experiences. I've heard good and bad but mostly good. Vonage seems to be the leader here in Canada but some of the others might be good too.

When I am online with high speed...I will then be able to experience the internet the way it is supposed to be experienced. Boy it was a kick in the head to go from cable internet back to dial-up but I didn't really have a choice. Now, the time has come....

5 comments:

Cibbuano said...

I dunno, it shouldn't cost that much, I guess...

did you hear? Google is offering free wireless in the city that they're located in. How amazing is that?

Sirdar said...

Yes I've heard about Google doing that. Unfortunately, Edmonton does not have Google as their hometown. I guess it is time to pack up and head down to Silicon Valley!! Or not...

Bravus said...

Woohoo! I know how much you've been missing it and wanting it, so I'm definitely delighted you're getting it!

We could always try Skype (free VOIP with a microphone) for a while and see if it's worth doing that rather than a commercial VOIP provider...

Guess I'd better start uploading that Oz Rock!

Sirdar said...

Yes it has been a long time coming. I picked up a WRT54GS-CA Linksys Wireless-G router and a WMP54GS-CA Wireless-G PCI Adaptor. Both have something called SpeedBooster which is supposed to boost performance up to 35%!! Can't wait until Saturday.

Derelict said...

Sweet, high speed Internet rocks. Hard to say if you'll actually be more efficient though.

Thanks for the info on the Technics turntable. It's too bad I'm broke right now ...