Go Esks Go!!
Went to the game last night against the BC Lions with my son. We were offered free tickets and my wife graciously accepted them on my behalf. I had been asked the day before if I wanted to go and I had said no because I was actually a little tired and wanted to rest. But, I went. Couldn't turn down free tickets!! I called my friend who asked me the night before and we went together. Since there was empty seats beside us he came to our location at the end of the first quarter.
But what I really wanted to talk about was the storm that hit us with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter. We could see the lightning and rain coming for quite some time and were hoping it would go around us. It didn't. There were a few drops and then BAM!! It came down with a fury I hadn't seen for a while. We in section P, row 74 so we had to go down to the concourse to get out of it. It was just pounding us and then it started to hail. Did that ever sting. By the time we got down to the concourse we were soaked. And cold as the wind was whipping pretty hard through the concourse and us being soaked didn't help. The game was delayed for 28 minutes. The rain came down in torrents for about 15 to 20 minutes or so. Reading in the paper we got about 10 millimeters and the wind gusts were about 75 kph. After the rain subsided, the sun shone brightly for pretty much the rest of the game which was won 27-20 by the Eskimos.
On a sad note, we didn't get any rain at home. We sure could have use it.
1 comment:
ha! rainy football games... I love it!
Post a Comment