19th Anniversary on July 19
On July 19, 1987, Dawn and I were married. So that makes this July 19th our 19th anniversary. I was just going over some of the 'things' we have or have had since we were married.
I have worked at 8 different places...including my "work" at NAIT.
We count 13 different vehicles that we have owned and still have 3 of them.
We have lived in 5 different residences plus I have had 3 temporary places to stay while I worked away from home. We have never rented...well...except for my temporary residences.
We have 4 awesome children. As much as I love them, I don't want any more.
Jacinta, my oldest, was born on July 19, 1991. This will make her 15 now.
Zayal, my youngest, was born on March 5, 1997. March 5th is Dawn's birthday too.
We have had 13 different pets. We currently have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 rabbits.
It has been an adventure for sure. Some didn't think we would make it mostly because we aren't of the same faith (Dawn is SDA, I'm Agnostic). Some probably hoped we didn't make it. Well, were still together and so far aren't planning any break-ups in the near future.
But overall I would say that we have grown pretty comfortable with each other. No marriage is perfect and our is not an exception to that...but it is going pretty well. The kids are growing up fast and they are such a joy to have around...95% of the time :-)
Next year is number 20. I am sure it will go fast...just like that past 19 years.
9 comments:
Congrats!
That is awesome.
Amber and I celebrate #6 on Aug 6 this year.
Any plans for tonight?
Were not doing much. Were going out for dinner and maybe a movie. Next year we may do more...being our 20th.
19 years is a long time! Good for you!
Congrats, guys (and please pass them on to Dawn for us). We're coming up to our 19th too, but it's not until November. Lots of water under the bridge for sure... and hopefully lots more to come. Hope it gets better and better for you guys as time goes on!
Thanks for the congrats all!!
David,
I think it has been getting better ever since I took a job where I can be home every night. There were no doubt some trying times before that but we persevered. I think we are starting to really align ourselves together in what 'we' want. Lets hope we all stay healthy enough to celebrate our 38th :-)
Wow, congratulations!! My husband and I have been together since 1987.. and it is no picnic by any means. But it is a lot of fun.. and there is never a dull moment. Maybe you can have a party on your 20th and invite all the bloggers :)
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS SIRDAR!!!
I am years away from #1 yet so I may not be able to accurately appreciate all 19 of your years, but I'm happy that things have been going well for that long.
Just think, you're not even halfway there yet :)
Come on #50!!
50th? It will be 2037. I will be 75 years old. I will be 76 years old in a little over a month after. I just hope I can live that long :-)
Post a Comment