Friday, June 16, 2006

Sad...Happy...Tired

The alarm went off this morning at 4:05am. On purpose too. I made a commitment to take Dave, Sue and my favourite Geelan girls to the airport this morning. Today was their last day in Canada. It makes us very sad that they are leaving. We will miss them dearly. At times it seemed like they were part of our family. Dave and I share a love of music. He was also my "computer guy". I consider myself an above average user but he definitely taught me a lot of things. He got me started doing this blog. When I was going to stop blogging he encouraged me to stay with it. Obviously I did. Sue? She always gave me a big warm hug when we met and when we were parting. She gave me a real big hug today at the airport. My lasting memory of her until the next time we meet. I even gave Dave a big hug. And of course my favourite Geelan girls gave me a hug too. I hope we get to see them at their weddings. At the very least we have a place to go for a holiday...when ever we can actually afford it.

The happy part is knowing that they are going to be happy where they are moving. They are moving back to Australia. That is their home country. I don't know how they will be able to handle 20°C average daytime temperatures during the winter but I suppose they will adapt. All the best to them in their new phase of their life. Life is a journey and the journey should never end. Hmmm...maybe I should take my own advice and move to Australia. I am sure my family could adapt to 20°C temperature in the winter :-)

Oh, the tired part...well...I don't normally get up at 4:05am. I used to start work at that time way back when...

3 comments:

Zaak said...

Hey man, sorry you had to say goodbye to your friends. I said bye to them about 9 months ago and I miss them too. But staying in touch with blogs and emails makes it much easier. It's almost as though I saw them last weekend.

Good journey comments.

Cibbuano said...

you and your family might just love 20 degree winters!

Bravus said...

Sorry it's taken so long to see this and respond: limited access while on the road.

We appreciate it enormously that you got up so early to take us out to the airport, and will totally miss you and your family too. We're cheering for a 6-49 for you, and not just to fix the van!