Van Woes...Again
So here I am driving back from dropping the Geelan's off at the airport and all of a sudden...wham...the transmission shifts down to second or third and pins the tack!! And then it stayed there. At 110kph the motor is running around 5000rpm and I can't get it any lower. I limped to work and then drove it to Spruce Grove to the repair shop I use. I had to travel the highway at around 60kph on the shoulder but I made it. I guess we find out Monday what the damages will be. Come on 6-49!!
5 comments:
Wow, I don't have a car, so although I don't reap the benefits, I certainly don't have to worry about anything breaking down... tough!
shee... that rough Alberta climate is killer on vehicles...!
Welcome Robtherocket!! I didn't notice when you got back online. If my company would allow me to work at home I wouldn't be so reliant on a vehicle. But in my job I do need to be at work quite a bit so that just isn't possible...unless I change jobs. Hmmmmm.....
Cibby,
It also might be because it has the letters FORD on it. Or, after 236,000kms, it just wore out.
I'd go with the letters F, O, R and D; in that order.
It might not be as serious as fist thought. The shop come up with a sensor that they think failed. It is a common sensor to fail apparently. Once they get it in and test drive it we will know for sure but the tranny looks fine according to them. It will be much cheaper than rebuilding it.
Post a Comment