Damn Van
You know...life used to be simple. There was a time where I could walk about 3 blocks to work. Now I have to drive 30 minutes. Which means we need to have at least 2 vehicles; one for me and one for my wife. But what happens when the one my wife drives breaks down? Fortunately we still have the truck so that is our spare vehicle if you like. The van is going in on Tuesday to get the transmission looked at. I'm not liking the scenario this is setting up. Someone at work just said today that it cost him $2200 to get his fixed. I can only hope that mine is just a quick fix...but after 230,000kms I am thinking this is the big one. At least we have the truck. I am now taking donations for the "Fix the Sirdar Family Van Fund". Damn Van!!
2 comments:
I've gone through a $3400 repair just to fix ... well... I guess it was a complete engine overhaul.
Anyway, I think you need a really specific quote, and think carefully before even GETTING a quote exactly how much you are willing to spend to fix your vehicle.
Otherwise, you'll just sink more money into it than you would normally.
I will be getting and estimate. I will be going to the same place I have gone to since I moved to the Spruce Grove area. It was recommended by a couple of people. As for sinking more money...I don't want to sink too much money in but I do need the van. If it is too much I may try and find a used or rebuilt one...depending on estimate. We could drive the truck and take the hit with the gas until we get the van fixed.
Post a Comment