How High Can You Go!!
Oil that is. Black Gold. Alberta Oilsand. No wonder there are so many new plants being built up in Fort MacMurray. Due to confidentiality agreements I can't tell you how much any of our clients are planning to spend but let me tell you it is a LOT. If you read the papers were talking billions of dollars. However, if you drive a vehicle you may have noticed that gas went up here in Edmonton again. 108.4 cents/litre I read at the Hughes station on the way home. Thank goodness we get a 5.5 cents/litre discount from them....something our social club arranged. It was only a few years ago that we were complaining that it went over 60 cents/litre. Oh to dream!!
But our price for gas is pretty good compared to some places around the world. What is it at your part of the world?
14 comments:
It's over $100 a litre?
So, filling 40 L costs $4000?
Smartass!! :-) You will notice the price is now corrected.
How are the prices in Sydney, Cibby?
er, I have no idea... $1.23 a litre? Does that sound about right?
I don't drive, so it doesn't bother me... I heard prices are going up, though...
Wow. Derelict says he doesn't have a car either. I guess I've lived outside of the city for pretty much my whole life so a car is a necessity. Therefore the price of gas is a concern for me. Must be kind of nice not having that expense.
All this money coming into Alberta is a big reason I'm not jumping the gun to leave. Not that I don't like Edmonton ... but it's been a while coming.
However, it's somewhat hard to justify leaving when Alberta is doing so well. Not that I'm reaping the benefits much, anyways.
Yeah, I've never really missed not having a car. I'm pretty good getting around on the bus, and even if I have to call a cab once or twice a week, it still ends up being cheaper than a vehicle.
If I lived in the city I would consider taking the bus to work. I know some who do but they complain of the 1 hour bus ride.
It's convenient having a car, but I think if you live in city, you need to learn to use public transport.
Montreal roads are so clogged with traffic, most of it is a car with a single person. How wasteful is that?
It brings to your attention how isolated people are when they live in the city... thousands of people are going the same way - they can't carpool?
Well Cibby...I am sure if they knew each other it would work. It isn't that easy to find someone who works the same hours in approximately the same work location. Carpooling is a wonderful idea, but the practicality of it sometimes doesn't work.
Im from Vancouver area its about 116 per litre.
ken
or $1.16
only $0.97 today here in Toronto
It was still 108.4 cents/litre last night.
24.90 Quetzales for one gallon (not sure if that American or Imperial)
Post a Comment