Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter-Christmas, Its All The Same

Christmas and Easter...or really pretty much any holiday becomes basically the same. The reasons are really irrelevant. Forget the Pagan origins of most of the Christian holidays and what do you have left? FOOD! Lots of good food. We always get together with family to share a meal and a few laughs. We go to my parents place and Dawn's parents place where we partake in the eating of FOOD. Takes about a week for the stomach to get back to just being big...but it is worth it!!

What did you do for the Easter long weekend?

6 comments:

Cibbuano said...

Did nothing... I don't have any family in Sydney, so no big dinners. My girfriend is buddhist, so she has no idea about easter.

So, we did nothing and just enjoyed the brilliant blue Sydney sky.

It was great!

Sirdar said...

It's sad that you don't have any family down there Cibby. At least you made the best of it. For the record it snowed here. There was snow on Sunday morning...huge flakes. It was actually quite pretty. Out west near Wabamum it snowed quite a bit and there was at least 4 inches on the ground. It is probably all gone now as it was sunny again today.

Zaak said...

Amber and I shared a quiet communion time together on Friday night. It was really nice. For the next 2 days, I had on and off time with the mission team that is here from Regina - house visits, some sight-seeing...

Kim said...

We celebrated a Messianic Passover on Wednesday evening with 22 other people in memory of Jesus. It was beautiful. We recreate Jesus' last passover supper with his disciples (as close as we can). Full of meaning for us and yes, we had very full tummies after!

Blight said...

I spent the long weekend with my family eating delicious food, playing guitar, and watching movies.

No decorating of eggs this year, but eating lots of chocolate ones all the same.

Derelict said...

Blight's parents were kind enough to have me over for supper on the Saturday. I then went down to Calgary and had supper with my grandma on Sunday.

I think I ate better that weekend than I have since Christmas!