Vanity Search
Every once in a while my friend Bravus does a vanity-Google search on his nickname Bravus. Well he just did again and I thought to my self...self? What would come up with Sirdar. So I did it.
There are many references to Sirdar yarn. Trust me, I don't do yarn.
Wikipedia also has a definition of Sirdar: Sirdar on Wikipedia
I've had a number of East Indian people ask me about my last name and they have told me that it means "leader" in their language.
So give your name/nickname/blog name a Google search and see what comes up. Maybe try it on different search engines. Are the results different?
5 comments:
Actually, I thought you were indian with a name like sirdar. Why did you pick that username?
It isn't just a username...it's a real name.
I feel your pain, I get picked on for being muslim, my surname is really close to "Rahman" aka the guy that almost got put to death for converting to Christianity.
I don't have any pain...that is just my name. From what I know, my grandfather came to Canada in the early 1900's from either Germany or Austria...depending on where the border was at the time. Anyway, when they asked him his last name he said something and it came out as Sereda. But when his brother came over to Canada for a visit he told my grandfather that he was spelling it wrong and that it should be Sirdar. So, I am a Sirdar. :-)
Well I don't actually have any pain anyway, other than the slight annoyance when people make incorrect assumptions.
Post a Comment