Oh My Aching Body.....
I went and played volleyball tonight. I haven't played volleyball since, I think, 1981. But here I was diving for balls and doing the roundhouse serve. The good thing is that I can still do the roundhouse serve. The bad thing is that I can still dive for balls. My knees hurt. My shoulders hurt. My calves hurt. And worst of all I may have tweaked my pinched nerve in my neck again. I have the burn going down the right arm tonight. Nobody said I was the brightest...but damn, I sure had FUN!!
4 comments:
you gotta sacrifice the body! There's nothing worse than playing with someone that's afraid to fall...
That's why beach is so much better, the falls don't hurt so much. Unless of course some bastard has buried razor blades mounted on blocks of wood under the sand. Someone did that at the beaches here in Toronto last summer (or was it last last summer).
Your right Cibby...if your not sacrificing, your not playing...your only on the court!!
The knees hurt a fair amount today. They are swelled up a bit but I don't feel too bad tonight. The person who organised it told my wife tonight to give me a couple of days and then ask if I want to come back next Monday. I'm thinking I just might do that!!
that's why we have Tiger Balm.
Good for what ails ya!
Post a Comment