Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ralph Bucks

We got our Ralph Bucks this past Monday and there it sits in the bank account just waiting to see what we plan to do with it. Since it was $400/person, and we have 6 people in the house, the cheques added up to $2400.

So we are deciding exactly what to do with it. I know there are a few things around the house that could use some money. Jacinta wants laminate flooring in her bedroom and that means I am sure all the kids want it upstairs. That isn't a bad idea. Right now it is basically chipboard plywood that has been sanded and varnished. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds but it would be nice to cover it. Next the kids want to get a fence for Nika as she is tied up. Maybe one of those electric collars might do the trick. The jury is still out on that one. The dishwasher needs to be installed. I need to get some plumbing done in the bathroom. We need a new roof on the house soon. The kids need some for their education fund. There is holidays coming up where we would like to go somewhere. Lets just say there are many places that could use the money. Decisions... decisions.

So for those of you who did receive your Ralph Bucks...what are your plans?

5 comments:

Zaak said...

your blog reminded me of this quote Amber read to me a couple days ago:
"A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Society and Solitude: Works and Days, 1870

As we're still legally Alberta residents and we pay our taxes there, we got $800. Apparently Blaise doesn't get one because he didn't turn one in 2005. I think we're going to throw it at RRSPs to cut down on taxes last year. I'm also looking at having a computer desk built - the table top I'm using has sawdust board that keeps falling on the floor, and it's very warped. It's also huge, I'd like to get it to 3 levels to save space.

Blight said...

My bucks haven't been cashed in yet, but when I do I think they're going straight to pay down my mortgage. Boring?

Cibbuano said...

Gah!

Bah!

If I had gotten my Albertan blood money, I would have gone 'Woo Hoo!' and put it towards a motorcycle. Vroom!

Kim said...

I am envious of your Ralphie Bucks. We have no such surplus over here in "God's country". Ya, we (B.C.)look good, but we don't have any cash.

Sirdar said...

Well Kim...If you would just move back....