Saturday, February 25, 2006

Are Men The Only People Who Lie?

I consider myself to be an honest person. If fact, sometimes too honest for my own good. I'm not one to lie. I hope the people I know trust me to a fault.

However, I ran across these two articles that seem to indicate that men are pretty much to only liars on the face of the earth. Lets just say that it is obvious that they were written by a female. So it is time to get to know what the female gender is looking for when they think you are lying. Brought to you as a public service announcement by Sirdar Inc. :-)

How to Know If He's Lying: Part I

How to Know If He's Lying: Part II

8 comments:

Cibbuano said...

Luckily, I've always had very honest girlfriends, but I know some guys that date compulsive liars... so it's not only men - women can easily be as deceptive.

Blight said...

You have to love this bit of advice:

Let him get out - Finally, make sure you give him an out – a way to easily tell the truth. Make him feel like it will be okay. You won't get mad. And once he comes clean, do what you will.

So, lead him on into thinking he can confide in you and repent, but then OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Yeah, great way to have a healthy relationship there. Unless she wants to end the relationship, why bother tricking him into owning up to a lie just to vent hell hath no fury up on his ass.

Sirdar said...

I found the whole thing absolutely ludicrous. I think articles like this try to make relationships as simple as long distance phone schemes...they can be let go in an instant. These types of articles rip up relationships because all they do is put doubt in some people’s minds and then they find something that wasn't there in the first place. My guess is whoever wrote this isn't too good with relationships.

Bravus said...

I dunno - doesn't it say the article is written by 'Terence Fernandes'? Sounds like a guy's name to me...

I'm with you, Lorne - relationships are complex (because they have people in them, and people are complex), and they're meant to be complex, and over-simplifying them is futile (and potentially harmful).

It's kinda like those Cosmo teaser lines 'The sex trick that will blow his mind'. One, every guy is different and what works for one will be different for another, and two sex includes mood and atmosphere and frame of mind and physical state of health and... about a million variables, so one 'trick' is not guaranteed to even work tomorrow if it worked yesterday.

If a guy or girl lies, it'll catch up with them in the end. In the mean time, though, it's much, much healthier for the relationship to assume that your partner is truthful until proven otherwise... going looking for telltale signs of lying means assuming lying is likely, and that means the relationship (or your attitude) is broken already.

...and I'm sure there must be a 'how to tell if she's lying' page out there somwhere too... although guys tend to find this stuff less interesting anyway.

Bravus said...

Yep:

http://tinyurl.com/hlqyv

Sirdar said...

Your right Bravus. Terence is a guy. Here is his bio from TheSoko.com:
Terence Fernandes - Staff Writer
As a writer and photographer for the Canadian Military, Terence is no stranger to solid journalism. On TheSoko.com, most of his work can be found in Message From Mars where he enlightens both men and women through candid observations.

I find it kind of interesting how the article comes across as written from a female point of view, yet a guy wrote it.

Bravus said...

heh, but see, wimmins don't really need these kinds of hints and tips, the Just Know. ;)

Derelict said...

I think the article is a bit deceptive due to the fact that a lot of those triggers happen when you feel a lot of heat on yo' ass as well. If a girl starts up a hard-core interrogation, you're going to start squirming a bit regardless.