How to Get More Pension Money - UPDATE!!
The email that was sent to me and that I posted is false. The monthly numbers are not correct. Here is the findings of a number of people online who have found the truth:
If you check the original article in the Toronto Star you will find that a refugee receives a single start up payment of $1,890 from the federal government, along with a $580 monthly social assistance. The government also gives them a night lamp, a table, a chair and a single bed. Not much seeing though they arrive often not knowing the language and bearing the physical emotional scars of rape, torture and loosing family members.
This came to me tonight via email. I don't know the origin but many newspapers are being quoted when I did a Google search.
It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00, and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.
This compares very well to a single pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.
Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees! Lets send this to all Canadians so we can all be ticked off, and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470 00 - and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.
So Dad and Mom...leave Canada and come back as a refugee. You might get some more of the money you gave to the government over your many years as a proud Canadian.
5 comments:
Stories like that make me burn...
Is it really true? These kind of imflammatory stories often misrepresent the figures...
I don't know where the numbers come from but here is an article from someone named Armand Wigglesworth who writes for The Advance:
http://tinyurl.com/d6xlb
Here is someone who found out the numbers are sort of true but not quite the way of the original story:
http://tinyurl.com/7uagk
You'll also notice someone took offence to even posting it calling it hate...you can read his comment at the bottom.
Then I found another site that totally disproves email I received. It is called KAIROS - Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives:
http://tinyurl.com/7uagk
Here is the CPP Site:
http://tinyurl.com/apx88
I can't figure it out from a cursory glance but it looks smaller than what the email quoted.
I do believe the numbers to be false as I have read many places this quote:
If you check the original article in the Toronto Star you will find that a refugee receives a single start up payment of $1,890 from the federal government, along with a $580 monthly social assistance. The government also gives them a night lamp, a table, a chair and a single bed. Not much seeing though they arrive often not knowing the language and bearing the physical emotional scars of rape, torture and loosing family members.
I will provide an update on the original article. I gave it some credence due to the fact that someone actually reported in the paper...the first link above. Obviously he was incorrect, as was I. I was going to look and see if it was true or not but since you asked I looked now. Thanks!!
Ah, that makes so much more sense. It just couldn't be possible the other way. The real numbers show that refugees get an inordinately SMALL amount. But that's the price to enter Canada.
As for pensioners, it's hard to say what they earn, since, like you said, it's based on how much they put in. So, maybe it is fair.
Obviously the solution is to:
1) have a lot of kids
2) send them to college
3) ???
4) Profit!
3 = get them to sign a contract in blood that they will support you financially until the end of your days
I like your thinking Blight!! It probably won't work but it is worth a try. I know "hockey player" is out. Concert pianist has a chance if they work hard. Inventor is a slight option too :-) But I'm not holding my breath. I think I will probably have to do it on my own.
Post a Comment