Your Gas Mileage May Vary
Well...I discovered something yesterday. Your gas mileage will very depending on how much gas you put in your car!! Pretty profound huh? Well let me explain.
Normally when I fill up I have been trying to let the nozzle click and then I fill to the next dollar. Yesterday, I let if click and then missed the next dollar so I filled up to the next dollar after that. When I did the calculations, it came out to around 37+ mpg(Can). Then I did a calc knowing I put in approximately $1.40 more gas at $0.87/litre and it came out to just over 40mpg(Can). So that tells me that maybe, just maybe, the gas mileage is getting better after the break-in of the motor. That can only be a good thing as I was not happy with the gas mileage up to now considering it is a 4-cylinder. I can live with 40mpg(Can). I would rather live with 42+ mpg(Can) as that would be about double of what my truck was getting when driving back and forth to work.
2 comments:
Not directly related to your experience, but kinda cute: one of my friends overhead someone at the pump saying "I don't know why everyone is getting all upset about the price of gas - I put $10 worth in my Civic every week, and it's not costing me any more than usual". ;)
That is pretty funny. Obviously he doesn't drive the amount of KMS that I do in a week. $10/week would be a miracle!!
Post a Comment