Oh, The Pain!!
What hurts worse than injuring yourself? When you are a parent and one of your children get hurt. Had to take Traftan to the hospital this afternoon. We were on a walk yesterday out in the fields and trees after Thanksgiving dinner. Well, my son found a tree that had fell down but was stuck up in the air being held by another couple of trees...sort of wedged between them. So my son decided to climb up the fallen tree. Up he went a few feet, bounced to make sure it would hold him. It did. Up a little further and it still held. When he got to about 6 feet up it gave way and he ended up hurting his ankle during his fall from grace. I personally didn't see the action but one of his aunts did. He hobbled back to the house which was about 1.5 to 2 kilometres from where he fell. He didn't want to go to the hospital and decided to tough it out and see how it went. The pain started getting worse as he was walking around on it. They did an x-ray but it didn't show a break. So now he is on crutches enjoying the fact that he doesn't have to do dishes until his ankle gets better :-)
3 comments:
Ouchie - commiserations to Traftan. But I firmly maintain that a boyhood without injuries is no boyhood at all! ;)
Hey, tell Traftan that I am really impressed with his "get out of dishes excuse". You know, he could always pull up a stool and sit down to wash or dry. That's what I had to do when I hurt my ankle :)
Unfortunately Traftan's excuse was short lived as his foot miraculously healed quickly. Its not 100% but he is walking normally without crutches.
Post a Comment