Monday, October 03, 2005

New Cokes

Since I've stopped drinking Diet Coke I have been drinking C2. The last time Dawn went shopping for pop, there was no more C2. Then she noticed Coke Zero. What the heck is Coke Zero? We looked at the Nutritional Facts (like there is actually any nutrition in ANY Coke) and there was no difference from Diet Coke. It contains Aspartame just like Diet Coke so...what else is the difference? Has anyone tried it yet? Do you know what the difference is?

By the way I had a glass of Diet Coke tonight to see how my stomach does over night but one thing I notice is the taste. It does taste quite a bit different than Coke Classic. I do hope they keep making C2 as I am really getting to like it. It tastes pretty much the same as Coke Classic but it doesn't have the after taste that Coke Classic has plus it contains half the sugar and has half the calories.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey , drinking coke must be a family thing. Ive been drinkng coke or pepsi for as long as i can remember. I absolutly refuse to drink anything with the aspertane or sugar substitutes. We had friends whos daughter died of brain cancer a few years back and they said that diet pop hurts the brain growth in young children. Since this was the childrens hospital saying this I took notice. I figure that if its bad for children then it cant be good for adults either. Im a purest type person. I think the more natural the food the better for you. The more man has to play with it the more im going to distrust it. just me.
Also the way i justify all the pop i drink is by keeping a very physically active lifestyle that burns off the sugars in a persons diet. Sugar being the first thing your body burns off.
Are these little things reality? i dunno - but it works for me!
ken

Bravus said...

I'm a total Diet Coke junkie myself... Given that I have a much less active lifestyle, I actually notice quite quickly on my waistline if I start to drink regular Coke instead. I'm aware of the aspartame studies but have looked into it and read the research. The consensus seems to be that yes, if you paint liquid aspartame on rats' skins it'll cause tumours. But lots and lots of things will do that at extreme concentrations, and Diet Coke only contains a few milligrams per litre of aspartame - most studies of the actual pop show no ill effects. I know different people come down on different sides of whether the aspartame or the sugar is worse for you, but with my sedentary lifestyle this is my choice... and I've been lucky enough not to get the ill effects you've had, Lorne.

Sirdar said...

I also have a fairly sedate lifestyle compared to some people. I work in an office all day and sometimes I do things in the evening but not as much as I should. I would prefer to drink Diet Coke and I still may go back to it. Since Dawn couldn't find any C2 I've been drinking Coke Classic this past week. Hasn't affected me like Diet Coke but I can tell something is bugging my stomach. The C2 didn't give me the same feeling. I actually stopped drinking pop for a few days and my stomach was great. So I wonder if it isn't the CO2 that is giving me some grief. I am drinking Coke Classic tonight after not drinking anything for three days. Maybe I need to get off ALL pop!! Until it comes to Rum and Coke...there is just no substitute :-)

Bravus said...

*whisper*singlemaltScotchandwater*whisper*

Sirdar said...

Scotch and water? That would take some getting used to. Maybe I could try rum or rye straight!! Done that way too many times when I was younger...and then it brings back memories as to why I cut back on my drinking :-O