Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'm Becoming...Like My Father!!

I've heard this day would come. The realization that I am becoming like my father hit me today. Not completely like him, but a bit like him.

Today, while driving on Whitemud Drive, doing 100kms/hour, which is 20kms/hour over the limit, I was being pushed from behind by a number of drivers. I don't know what is happening the last couple of days but people are flying on the Whitemud. Normally this wouldn't bother me except I am usually the one doing the passing or at least keeping up with the traffic. For the record, I do not "push" people on the freeway or highway...I give them distance until I can pass. But here I am lamenting on how fast these people were travelling and I thought to myself..Oh My Goodness!! My dad would be thinking what I am thinking!!

Now if you know my dad I can assure you that he drives like a farmer in an old pickup wearing a hat. You know how a farmer in and old pickup wearing a hat drives like, don't you? Sloooooooooow! :-))) In his defence, he claims he doesn't have anywhere to go that requires him to drive fast. He is retired and now he wants to enjoy the scenery while he is driving. I just wish he would do one or the other...not both at the same time :-)))

In theory, I'm thinking this phenomenon starts small...like what happened today. As years pass it becomes more prominent until one day...it happens!!

For the record there are some traits of my father that I wouldn't mind having...but not yet and not all of them!! :-)))))

2 comments:

Kim said...

The most dreaded, but then we realize that this is not so bad.

Bravus said...

Yeah, my Dad's spirit possesses me from time to time: must be while he's asleep and not using it, in a different time zone! Still, he's a good guy, so it doesn't bother me too much... kind of a weird sensation though.