Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wet Holiday

So here I am on holidays and it raining....again. Three years ago we were in a drought situation and the past couple of years we have been getting more rain than we've had for a while. I guess though that we need the rain to make up for the drought years we had. The Farmers Almanac is saying we will be getting milder temperatures this winter but more snow. I know the water table is down so all the moisture should hopefully bring things back to "normal" water levels.

But during my holidays I was hoping to get some of the trees that fell over the summer and last winter out for me to chop up into firewood. I borrowed my friend Ken's quad but it had been too wet as I just spin out. Yesterday was a good day...for half a day but I managed to get some logs out.

Speaking of rain...at least were not getting what they got down in the southern part of the province...or a hurricane like New Orleans and parts of Mississippi. Now that is rain!!

No comments: