Monday, September 19, 2005

Diet Coke and Aspartame

My name is Lorne and I am a Diet Coke-aholic!!

For years I have had a bad stomach. Nothing to get too excited about but I usually woke up with cramps and sometimes had cramps and bloating during the day and was always hungry.

I read a while back about Ben Mulroney, host of Canadian Idol and son of former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, where he spoke about his mother urging him to quit drinking Diet Coke. I also read a story about how Diet Coke drinkers actually gained more weight than drinkers who drank Coke. So as of September 10 I had decided to try not drinking Diet Coke. It's only been a little over a week now but believe it or not I do not wake up with cramps, I don't have cramps during the day or any other symptoms that could be related to it. I have switched to C2. C2 is Coke that has "half the sugar with all the same great taste". For the record I don't think Diet Coke is evil but for me I had the same stomach troubles for years and going off of it has made a difference....for now. If you are having trouble with your stomach and drink a lot of Diet Coke, try going without for a week and see if you have the same results.

1 comment:

Sirdar said...

Just a bit of an update...I lost 4 pounds since I started this non-aspertame kick.