Saturday, July 02, 2005

Canada Day EVE Party

Another year...another successful Canada Day EVE Party. Unofficial count was 81 people. The weather was great out at the farm except for about 15 minutes of wind. Where the farm is located the clouds split and usually go around the farm. They think it has to do with the cooling ponds for the power plant. So far, and this is year eight, we have not been rained out. It has looked like we should at times but somehow we seem to miss the bad weather.

The fireworks went off shortly after 11:00pm and a grand display it was!! I was happy to see at least one family from my work was able to make it. For all those who said they were coming but didn't...hope you can make it next year!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

sorry we missed it. I bet you are glad to have your kids back, after all the preparations they were working on. We were rained out here at about 1pm. Every year there is a community party at the local firehall. It's a great way to catch up with your neighbors. Despite its faults, I still think Canada is the best place in the world to live!

Sirdar said...

Yes Canada does have its faults for sure but if you look around the world it looks pretty good. I just hope the corruption in our politics can be brought under control otherwise we will start looking like some other countries that don't look good now.

It is too bad you couldn't make it but being 8 to 10 hours away might have something to do with it. Should you ever make it down to these parts during the Canada Day long weekend you are more than welcome to come celebrate with us. Glad you had a good time at your celebration.

Bravus said...

Canada Day Eve seems to have inconveniently scheduled itself on days when I'm in other countries the past couple of times, so I've missed out although my family has enjoyed the parties (as I always have in the past). So either I should be able to make it next year, or we might have moved back to Australia... I'll try real hard to make it!