Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Things Are Looking Up!!

Looks like I'll be getting the computer back sooner than I thought. It appears what I did was screw up the Master Boot Record and that would explain why I couldn't boot into windows. So for now A&A Computers are going to backup the existing data on the second hard drive and reinstall WinXP Pro on the bigger drive. At least I haven't lost everything. I was more concerned about my emails that I have received and sent since May 19...the day I went live with the new computer. I should get it back tomorrow. Then the fun begins again to reinstall everything again and set it up again. I think I'll be using the second hard drive as a backup from now on...

2 comments:

Bravus said...

did you try booting from a bootdisk and typing 'fdisk /mbr'? that can fix the master boot record sometimes. sounds like my boys at A & A have got you covered, though ;)

Sirdar said...

I tried a few things and used the Rescue Disk I made but it looked like it couldn't even find the disk after I switched the master/slave disks. Anyway...with a little money they will fix it. At least I still have access to the old files. If I knew you were around I would have called but I thought you were in Sunny CA.