Monday, March 28, 2005

Easy Money or Big Scam?

I've been looking at ways to make a few extra bucks by doing something that I like. Well...I like computers and in some ways don't mind sharing my thoughts. Well... I ran into this: Survey Scout. What they do is supply you access to a database of online companies that pay you to take surveys. Sounds pretty easy right? Sounds too easy...right? The way they make money is by you paying a onetime fee for access to all these companies that they have determined are legitimate and will pay what they say they will pay. So I signed up to receive a transcript of an interview with someone who is doing this full time. After a few emails they sent me a few links to some companies to give me a taste of what can be done. I think I will try some of the free ones they sent and see if I get paid. If so...I'll let you know.

Has anyone done this or know of anyone who has? If so please comment your/their experience.

4 comments:

Bravus said...

My Suzie has done it a bit, but never really got any cash back from it: most of the survey companies tend to 'give you a chance to win $100' rather than, say, just give you $5. So they probably do pay what they say they will, but you have no idea whether that 'chance at a hundred' is split between a hundred people or ten thousand... Not to discourage you though - go for it! I'll be interested to hear about your experience.

Sirdar said...

I wont get too discouraged...I'm not expecting great success. So far I've only signed up for two survey places but I'll probably add a few as time goes on. I haven't recieved any invites to take any surveys yet. I might get the BOSS to sign up too if I actually get any money. Thanks for your experiance input.

Kim said...

I hate to be cynical, but it sounds like a scam. I remember my mom signing up for a similar thing many moons ago, but it was all done through the snail mail. I think she got $5 once, that was it. Gee, I'd love to hear that your story is different. It's no fun being cynical all the time!

Sirdar said...

Hi Kim,
Like I said, I'm not expecting this to go anywhere. I've filled in my whole life on a couple of the sites and have not had an invite to fill out anything. I don't suspect I will either. But hey...nothing ventured, nothing gained!! :-)