Saturday, January 29, 2005

I Was Wrong!! (and SpongeBob is still not gay)

If you recall I posted my thoughts in the SpongeBob and Focus on the Family post SpongeBob is NOT Gay!!. Well...It appears what was written in the papers and broadcast on the news was not true...and I fell for it. I sense a blog on the way the media affects the minds of people, but that is for a later post.

I went to church with the family this morning because one of my friends, David Geelan (aka: Bravus), was speaking. He happened to bring up the SpongeBob/Focus on the Family flap and he said that Dr. Dobson never said those words. So of course I had to look it up and I found this on the Focus on the Family website Dr. Dobson's Newsletter: Setting the Record Straight

I feel there is a lesson in this. Don't believe everything you read or hear...Even from some reputable sources. And if you do, be prepared to eat humble pie when you get into flame wars on blogs with friends!

2 comments:

Bravus said...

Went and saw the Spongebob Movie tonight with the kids. He's still not gay, but he's funny! As Paul said on The Nuggery, the movie is basically about being a man and still being a kid (and rocking out, apparently). Lots of people apparently found various bits and pieces in the movie offensive. My reply to them: LIGHTEN UP AND GET A LIFE! And (at the risk of really turbulizing the excreta), aren't many of these the same people who don't find civilian Iraqis being blown up too offensive at all?

Sirdar said...

Comparing SpongeBob patrons who think something in the movie is offensive...to Iraqi's being blown up? My guess it most of them probably don't like Iraqi's being blown up any more than the next person but there isn't much they can do about it except storm the White House or have the White House exterminate the people blowing up the Iraqi's. Notice it is the Iraqi people who are blowing up Iraqi's?

Anyway...glad you enjoyed the movie. I have yet to see it however I am sure I will one day as the kids want to see it. Actually...I think if they sent the Incredibles to Iraq to fight the resistance..... ;-)