WEM (West Edmonton Mall) World Water Park

We just came back from the water park. Some of you may wonder what crazy Canuck would go to a water park when the temperature is -20°C outside. Well...you bring the water park indoors. The World Water Park in West Edmonton Mall is huge. It has many slides and a huge wave pool. Here is a link to the layout of the water park: WEM World Water Park Layout
For all the non-Albertans, here is a look at WEM: West Edmonton Mall which I believe is still the largest mall in the world. I don't remember if the Mall of America in St. Paul Minnesota is bigger. It wasn't but I thought they were adding on to it. Both malls are owned by the Germazians.
As for why we were there...it was our company's Christmas Family Party. There were 1800 tickets available. They also supply pizza and all the tubes for free. It is a great time. I secured 29 tickets for the huge price of $10. I had given out 27 tickets and only 3 couldn't make it. The kids can't wait until next year!!
13 comments:
Now that has got to be one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time!!! An indoor waterpark! I never would have ever thought of that! Way too much fun!
I love water parks! Water parks sometimes you lose your tummy. One of our water parks in a hotel kinda lookted like yours. That's it.
MrNV wants to know, how do you get tan? :)
K, I'm tired of typin' for these fools! Looks like you had an awesome time!! - NV
BM: We have a saying up here that we have 8 months of hockey and 4 months of bad skating :-)
It was built indoors so it could be used year round. If you are a kid, or a kid at heart, you would love a day there. You can see we are not the only ones to take something fun and make it year round. how about skiing in Dubai!! http://www.skidubai.com/
MB: You are right in that your hotel water park only looks like this one. You could probably fit a few hotels and their water parks inside our water park. It gets used quite a bit. You would love it in ours. When they are about to start up the waves they let out a fog horn and all the kids scream and run out and jump into their tubes. If you took a look at the layout on the link I put on the post you would see there are quite a few slides too.
Mr. NV: No getting a tan in this water park. In the summer you can tan in the outdoor water parks. In the winter...tanning booths. but just think...all the fun of a water park and you don't have to worry about burning yourself!!
Wow that is one big office party! Nice to see a company do that though in this day and age. I've only ever gone to smaller office parties but what a hoot to have so many people from one company all in one place. Good ol West Edmonton Mall, I was voted to drop off my daughter and her friends there this morning so they could start Christmas shopping. Took me half an hour to go about 2 km. The other mom gets to pick up and I honestly don't know if it will be any better. Brutal there at this time of year!
That is just nuts...they must use a lot of water to keep that place rolling or running I mean. Sounds like a bunch of fun though...
it's not the biggest anymore... malls in Asia have been trumping West Ed for years now...
I've been to the mall several times but I've never tried the water park.
I waited for hours one time to skate and then they canceled it. Frickers..
The party sounds fun. And cheap..
Cibby: You are correct, I stand corrected. There are about 6 that I see are larger and from what I just read there will be a whole bunch more. Oh well...It had a good run. It is still pretty big and gets a lot of use.
As long as ours is bigger than the Mall of America!
I hear that China is building the next biggest mall and a tower that will be a bit taller than the CN Tower.
I sometimes forget how lucky we are to have that waterpark. We use to go all of the time when the kids were little. They had moms and tots mornings during the week where the parents got in for free. The big slides weren't on, but you could go everywhere else. It was a lot of fun.
Nice picture, too, by the way.
Debbie: I didn't actually take the picture. I copied the one off the WEM website. I was planning to bring my camera but forgot it. Yes we are lucky to have the water park. Its too bad it is so darn expensive for a family of 6.
Ya - that's why we enjoyed those Moms and Tots days when we could. It's only for kids under six, though.
Post a Comment