No More Excuses
Well...we now have laminate flooring. Of course it isn't put in but we have it. We went to Ikea and bought cupboards and laminate flooring. Have I ever mentioned that I am wood challenged? I am. Give me a piece of wood and I can measure once and cut twice. But twice usually ends up being four times because after I buy another piece of wood, I measure once and cut twice.
So now I have to install laminate flooring in our bedroom and Jacinta's room. Plus, I have to install cupboards in the kitchen. It looks pretty easy in the videos. Were going to practise in Jacinta's room first. Again, the videos make it look easy.
Actually, I have improved my wood working skills vastly in the past few years. They say practise makes perfect and I've had a lot of practise. The way I figure it, if I screw up...I can get someone to come in and fix my screw up. A mentor of mine tells me that it is OK to fail as long as you have the right attitude and learn from the experience. I can tell you I have a great attitude!! Mind you...I haven't started installing anything...yet. It looks pretty easy on the videos :-)
5 comments:
It always looks easy on the videos...I would help you if I was there Sirdar, I love working withwood and building things. I have been building these tables for my moms shop and now there are people who want them so I may end up selling myself to the will of someone elses desire, thats sounds kinky but it's really innocent, HA!....
What fun life can be, I miss Chalice though, any advice for a lost chap in love...Later...
Yea for videos and rewind buttons! Hope the laminate flooring and cupboards go in easy. If not, I hope the video has a troubleshooting section :o)
Blu and Joy: The video isn't that much help. The instructions are in Swedish :-)
Actually the instructions aren't that bad. There are a couple of times it assumes you should know what to do. The video added to what was missing but it really just goes through some of the basics and not all of the "how too's". But...I have one cabinet built. Now to rip out the old stuff. Pictures at 11.
I get too excited about building projects. Then I do things too fast and end up damaging materials. Incidentally, I actually damaged a friend of mine's laminate flooring when I helped him install it. Sorry I can't be there to help.
Well...It isn't going as well as expected. Seems the plumbing side of things needs some work. The plastic connector that attaches to the sink drain is cracked. I don't have a 3-way T for hooking the dishwasher valve. So off I go to the local Home Depot. It is the first small Home Depot. It is also the most useless Home Depot in all of Canada!! Well, that may be a stretch but probably not by much. The girl working in the plumbing department didn't know anything about plumbing. Not her fault. The plumbing guy was not working tonight so she was helping out. Needless to say I didn't find anything that I needed. So tomorrow after work I will be heading into a real Home Depot in Edmonton. Tomorrow...the dishwasher hopefully gets installed!!
Post a Comment