Internet Issues, VOIP, and Addictions
Just when you thought it was safe to disconnect the old phone line for the VOIP, something happens. It seems my ISP was doing something with the equipment and when he rebooted, it didn't do the full reboot so I lost my connection...and my phone connection. That is one of the drawbacks of VOIP. You are at the mercy of your ISP. OK...I know things happen and things will probably happen again. The unfortunate thing is that we didn't have the connection for over 16 hours. Not sure why it took so long as it sounded like he just had to reboot again and all was fine again. Even the backup didn't reboot. It is a good thing we haven't dropped our land line.
But what I missed the most is posting on my favourite blogs. I was in the middle of doing so when the connection died. Oh well...I think I've caught up now :-) Hope this doesn't become an addiction or something....like gambling or drinking.
If you miss a day of blogging...how do you feel about it?
6 comments:
Only after I deleted my other blog did I really notice how much I missed the blogging. Its a nice escape as well as my sounding board. So I do miss it when I don't do it no matter how trivial or complicated my post is... It's good to be back...
And it is good to have you back!!
I am looking forward to missing a day of blogging. A whole weekend perhaps.
I don't like missing commenting though..
Glad you pointed out the problem with VOIP. I hadn't thought of that happening..
Amber made me go the past weekend without blogging and I left my laptop at home so I couldn't read other people's blogs either. Two things: I feel bad not recording some events or sightings or thoughts as I look at my blog as a journal or sorts. It's a big treat to read other people's blogs, so when I store them up for a few days, there's lots to read and respond to.
Forgot to mention, in regards to phone... My phone line quit working twice when I lived in Edmonton and I was stuck with the same dilemma as my internet was DSL... so VOIP is no worse that way.
Wasn't that annoying?!!! When I lost mine for the day, I totally felt disconnected from the rest of the world.
It's kinda frustrating 'cause he's not home during the day to contact. It sounded like a simple fix if he'd just been home! But I guess he's gotta earn a living or something...I say begrudgingly.
Post a Comment