Adventures in Renovation Land - Part Deux
Here we go again. I get done (well...98%) the kitchen cupboards and I get to start another project. This one? Laminate Flooring. Ikea. Hemse. Oak Stave Effect. Click Lock function.
We are going to practise...I mean...install it in Jacinta's room first. She is very excited. So am I. Once Jacinta's room is done then we get to do our room. We have this carpet in there that I am sure contains a complete ecosystem. I will enjoy getting that out of there.
Of course with any project you need to have the right tools. We had to get a laminate flooring saw blade. $82!! Then we got a reciprocating saw...aka. a saws-all. We don't need the reciprocating saw for the laminate flooring as we needed it for taking out the old cupboards....that I already took out and replaced. Sigh...sure would have been nice to have it then.
Another thing that might make this a little more challenging is my osteoarthritis in my right knee. With this lovely cold weather my knee is giving me a lot of pain from the swelling. Too much hockey I guess. But I have to continue...I want another Woody Award!!
6 comments:
What? You watch hockey on your knees?
The flooring will have to look pretty good to win another woody award.
Look forward to seeing the finished project..
Wow you get those floors done and I'm sure your wife will give you all kinds of awards!
I'm impressed, we had laminate put in throughout the house and there's no way hubby was going to tackle it. He's extremely handy but the floors he didn't want to touch. Hubby got no awards.
Looks like we will be doing them this weekend unless I get ambitious enough to start before then. I'll post before/after pictures when we get serious and start the install.
I want a woody award too...I think I deserve one after all the shit I have built in my time...
It's good weather for indoor projects. Looking forward to the pictures.
Post a Comment