Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sirdar.ca

I have a domain name. Not sure exactly what I will use if for but I have one. One of the reasons I got it was that gmail was doing odd things for me. I was forwarding my gmail email to my ISP email and then downloading from there. I have noticed for a while that a lot of the images in my received emails were not there or not in-line like they should be. Also if the image was linked, it would not show at all. After some searching around I found out I was not alone and that many people were complaining about gmail and forwarding emails with images and especially in-line images. I now have a new email address that I have sent to our family, friends, and acquaintances. It took me a while to get it to work but it seems to be working now.

On another note I would like to set up another website but I will wait until I get a high-speed connection. Were thinking in September to make the change. We will also do the VOIP thing. We just got our Telus bill and it was over $90. With the high-speed internet and VOIP it will be less than that. Come on September!!

5 comments:

Zaak said...

Yeah, when I got your new email address, I checked out sirdar.ca only to discover there was nothing there. Who did you buy your domain name from? Have you purchased webspace? I use IX Webhosting and it's the cheapest I've found for what they offer.

Looking forward to visiting it soon.

Sirdar said...

Where were you when I got my domain? David didn't think what I paid was too much. I paid $20 for the domain and $11 for the email part. It was the cheapest we found when doing a search. It looks like your plan is cheaper...mind you yours doesn't have the pop3 support...or does it?
Oh well...I signed up for a year

Cibbuano said...

Look forward to the future - some American companies are rolling out next-gen fiber networks, which can deliver internet, digital tv and phone on one fairly cheap bill.

C'mon Canada!

Sirdar said...

Telus is pretty close to doing what you describe and I think they are testing it in some markets. The hard part for Telus is the fairly cheap bill part.

Zaak said...

I don't know if it supports pop3, but it is pop email - webmail access included. I paid $120 for 10 years of domain and $120 for 2 years of 10 GB of space.

Telus. Don't get me started. I think they'll have problems with the actual delivery, maintenance, support, let alone keeping it cheap.