Friday, May 05, 2006

Maximum Impact Simulcast

I attended a Maximum Impact Simulcast today on Leadership. It is amazing how you look at yourself and others that you work with when listening to what a lot of people call leaders. Does going to a seminar like this make you a Leader? No. But what it does do is provide you with the guidance to become a Leader. A Leader isn't something that comes with a title. A Leader is more than a title...it is an attitude. Todays simulcast taught me what is required to become a Leader in my professional life as well as my personal life. I will be making a plan. All leaders have a plan. I don't have a plan. I have a want. A plan is something that should be in writing. I know where I want to get to, but I don't know how to get there. I have a better idea as to how to get there.

The theme of the event was The 360° Leader. I would recommend you attend one of these Maximum Impact events in the future if you have the chance. Yes there are books...but reading about how to change your life isn't such a bad thing.

2 comments:

Zaak said...

Sounds like you took notes. Good for you. When I was teaching in Canada, we were encouraged (forced) to attend heaps of seminars, which in and of itself often caused me to tune out. Seminars are tough because unless I have a burning desire to know what is being presented, I don't end up implementing any of it. Sounds like you've got some key ideas to build on - good stuff.

To comment on writing stuff down, I found that as soon as I wrote down my list of life goals, they became real for me. As soon as I wrote the outline for my documentary, it became real for me. It's a powerful tool.

Sirdar said...

I have never written down any goals in life so this will be a first. Most of my goals will be for a position that I have my eye on. I don't need the position to satisfy me, I just want to do the job because I know I can make a difference in my department. It has already started...just needs some more work by me.