Opera and Blogger
There seems to be an issue with using the Opera web browser and Blogger. It started last week. I was creating a post like normal and when I go to publish the post the body of the post disappears and the only thing on the blog is the title. It was happening every time I tried to post. Did a search and I see I am not the only one who is having this problem. I have to do my posting in IE6 or Firefox. I do hope that this is only a short "glitch" because Opera is my choice as my main browser. Speaking of Opera, version 9 is in beta and will support RTF!! Right now it doesn't. What is the difference you ask? If you are a Blogger user and use IE, you have buttons at the top of the post area where you can modify the text as Bold, italic, add a link, add a
Quote, spell check and a button to add a picture. In Opera you only have spell check and add a picture buttons. Since I use Opera I've added the Aspell spell checker and have set it to spell check in Canadian English.
Give Opera a try. It is a bit different than IE or Firefox but once you play around with it you will probably like it and realise its benefits. It is now free and without ads. You can download it by going here: Opera
4 comments:
yep. here too.
and i Refuse to not use opera.
I have found a workaround for the time being.. at the top of blogger sites there is usually a bar that allows you to search and has a button called BlogThis!. using the BlogThis button allows body and subject to post successfully.
Version 8.5
Build 1358
Platform Linux
System i686, 2.6.11.4-20a-default
Qt library 3.3.4
Java Java Runtime Environment installed
Browser identification
Opera/8.5 (X11; Linux i686; U; en)
Thanks!! I'll try that when I get home as work doesn't use Opera nor will they let me install it.
re: Appreciated your work around on my blog. Maybe post it on yours..
Done!
Also, if you need anecdotal evidence why Opera or other alternative browsers should be allowed to be installed and/or installed by blanket policy, i gots that too!
I'm the IT director for rapid appraisal, inc (http://www.rapidapprasial.com), and I had a problem that was easily solved with Mozilla.. but this can be used to push _ANY_ alternative browser..
Two weeks ago a co-worker of mine accidentally clicked a link !off of www.yahoo.com! and, without confirmations or any notice whatsoever, infected our entire terminal server. 6hrs, a company-wide bitch-session, and a pot o' joe later, termsvr was clean and SANS-I.E.!! Any of our sites that require IE were created as shortcuts - "iexplore.exe http://foo/bar.asp".
I have now seen a 20% reduction in memory usage and a 60% reduction in CPU. IE is horribly inefficient. and also, popups are no longer an issue! yay!
oh and no relapses.
The infection pathogen was MySearch bar and it's outlook parasite, one of the harder bugs to get rid of.
all casual surfing and research in terminal services is now done using an alternative browser under penalties of i revoke their access if i catch anyone in IE for anything other than sites I've approved. and i watch histories.
There ya go, tell that to your it guy. If necessary hes more than welcome to email me via my blog.
Mr. Invader,
There is no way in hell that our IT department would go to an alternative browser. To go to say Firefox, every time Firefox decides to update they would need to update the computers of over 800 staff in 4 buildings. By the end of the year they want to have 1000 staff and at the end of the first quarter they are talking 1300. Imagine the logistics of that with everyone downloading all the extensions. It would be an astronomical task.
PS: The link for your company didn't work.
Post a Comment