Friday, November 04, 2005

High Speed in the Country - Again (UPDATE)

Just as I suspected, I can't get Netscape Highspeed Internet out here. Oh well. I can get highspeed internet but the startup cost is around $430 plus GST. Not going to happen as there are many other things more important that requires that money.
-------------------------------------------------------

To Netscape.ca:
I am a Netscape Accelerated customer. I am currently only able to connect at 28.8kbs. Just to see, I checked if I can get the Netscape High Speed and it said I can. I am out in the country and the phone lines are not great as the 28.8kbs connection shows. But is it true that I can get High Speed out here?

Answer from Netscape.ca:

Dear Lorne,

I am writing on behalf of Netscape Internet Service to answer your recent questions/comments.

I would like to take the time to thank you for emailing Netscape Internet Service Member Services. The answer to your question is Yes. Should you have any other questions or wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to email Member Services again or call 1-866-638-7227 (if outside of the Continental US or Canada call 1-506-387-6560).

Thank you for choosing Netscape Internet Services. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us at any time.

Randy
Netscape Internet Service

I don't know how they can do this out here but I will be looking into it.

1 comment:

Bravus said...

I assume this is their 'accelerated dialup' rather than broadband, but if it gives you a significant boost it'll still be worthwhile. Still cheerin' for ya!