PHE Picnic (PHE Rain Maker Picnic)
Today we had the Parkland Home Educators (PHE) beginning of the school year picnic. We were joking on the way to the picnic that we should change the name to the PHE Rain Maker Picnic. Despite the weather there was a good turn out. There were even 6 dads there which was good for me. Don't get me wrong, I have some great conversations with the moms too as I have been fortunate to have met most of the regular families that show up to some of the things that the PHE puts on. But it is very nice to meet some of the dads. Dads are very important too. In most cases they provide the needed support for their significant others to home school their children. Homeschooling is a very time consuming and sometimes frustrating venture. Both parents need each others support more than most families. We have 4 children that are home schooled. Thank goodness that Dawn has the patience and the energy to teach them as I think I would struggle. I don't teach them with their book studies but I do teach them practical skills around the house. Well, except for working with wood. Being wood challenged, I wouldn't want to pass on my "skills" to them except what not to do with wood. :-)
2 comments:
In PG we have a dad who homeschools his son full time while mom works full time. Hurray for dads!
So do you think Kev would go for that? :-)
Post a Comment