Employee Pricing?
I went to the Spruce Grove Dodge/Chrysler dealer on Friday afternoon to see what this "Family Pricing" really is about. I looked at a Dodge 2.0 SX "stripper" model(meaning the car had very little options, not that it took anything off!!). Anyway the price for a 5-speed and CD player came to $15,600 from $18,000 something. But if you pay cash I could take off $3700 for a grand total of $11,900 plus GST. Not bad for a new car that gets around 48mpg(Can)on the highway and would do nicely for getting back and forth to work....not that I could afford it but it would do nicely :-)
Saturday, we went out to a cabin with some friends and they just happen to have one of the old Driving section (June, 2005) that comes with the Edmonton Journal. In it was an ad for the Spruce Grove Dodge/Chrysler dealer. There they had the same car for...get this...$9,998 cash!!
So is this "Employee Pricing" all that it is cracked up to be? Three months ago I could have purchased the same car for just about $2000 less than their special pricing they have now. Sounds like the employees are getting screwed!
No comments:
Post a Comment