Albertans still cool to gay unions
Seems Redneck Alberta is still not in favour of same-sex marriage. It's funny though that if a person is against same sex marriage they are considered as redneck or even racist (not sure what race we would be against though). Seems a person is not allowed to oppose controversial issues. Again...I say that we should have had a referendum on this issue so ALL of Canada could voice their opinion. Contrary to some peoples belief the government is supposed to work for us, not take their own views and make them law just to get a few more votes.
Read the article (2 pages) and you can see the demographics of the poll.
Albertans still cool to gay unions
For the record...I trust pollsters about as much as I trust politicians. Pollsters usually can sway the questions to statistically meet their agenda. It could be with this poll too.
1 comment:
I agree with your points. That is why I put my disclaimer about polls and polsters. They seem to have an agenda and ask the questions in a way to support their agenda. I don't think this issue is a done deal. It may end up being a done deal but I think there will be more debate once the issues start to come to fruitation. Now that it is law there are I am sure a lot of people who are watching what will actually happen. It could take a generation before all is said and done. Some of the demographics seem to point in that direction, I think.
I do wish there was a national referendum to really see what Canadians think. Polls...I don't trust that much since I was polled once and was totally put off on how they worded the questions and the time they give you to think about what they just said. This poll sounds like it could have done the same thing. However, I was actually surprised by the results. I thought there would be higher numbers against. Maybe people are "coming around" or apathy is setting in. Who knows.
Post a Comment