The Thinking Man's Brain (or lack there-of)
I went to for a CT scan this week on my brain....no reports of finding anything yet *LOL*
Ok, I'm sure they found some mass of goo there as they shot me up with dye to enhance the scan. What bothers me most is the nurse said they would try to do the scan without the dye and if there was a good picture, or whatever it looks like, then they wouldn't have to inject the dye. Well...they had to inject the dye. Again, no reports of finding anything there :-)
After I was done it makes a person wonder your brain really looks like. And not only that, how does it work? In my case, sometimes not so well. Some of the dumb decisions I have made in the past make one wonder if there are any sensible thoughts in there. Of course there have been moments of genius too. Unfortunately, none that I can remember right now. Memory...I thought mine was bad before but the results of middle age has rendered it somewhat lacking. Perhaps a hard drive upgrade is in order. One day, that might not be a dream. Add a chip in the right place and somehow plug it into the brain and there you go...instant memory!! It would be like a USB drive for the brain. However, it might be a little difficult to transfer the data to another user...until they can configure a human USB port. They could use my one of my ears as they aren't doing what they are supposed to all the time.
Have you ever had times where it just seems you can't get to sleep at night? I have been having that problem for a little while now. There must be some activity in the cranium that is churning that causes the insomnia. That and the stupid cat doing kamikaze from the window sill about 10 times an hour. Finally had to take said cat and shut the bedroom door. Its funny...I have trouble getting to sleep but have no problem falling asleep at work. Which is ironic as they pay me to stay awake and work and I want to sleep. Not that I actually fall asleep because when my head hits the keyboard I instantly wake up so I don't technically fall asleep. I have sometimes been reading a report(trust me they are boring) and then bob my head and realize I have the mouse button pushed down and it looks like I am speed reading when really I am just trying to get to the end of the report to see the results :-)
Well...I think I've babbled on enough for today. Time to check the lottery tickets. $10M tonight!! Oh, and if they do find anything after looking at the CT scan, I'll let you know.
3 comments:
Hope all's well with your scone, and do let us know if any sign of life is detected!
They probably found a sign of life up there...whether it is intelegent life is up for debate!! :-)
Hey, I had a CT scan! Aside from the physical discomforts of the dye, it wasn't that bad. I heard the technicians ooooing and aweing in the booth with, "that's a nice shot!" apparently my crainial grey matter photographs quite well. Perhaps yours will too.
Post a Comment