Are Times Tough?
Have you noticed that it is getting harder to afford things you need let alone things you want? I have found it harder and harder to stay afloat these days. What with the higher cost of gasoline, power, taxes, the kids activities, the lawnmower repairs, the vehicle upkeep and repairs, groceries, and paying debt it just seems that it is harder to make ends meet. Could we do things different? Of course...but what goes? Brining down my debt load would of course help however it is better than it was a few years ago so that is a plus. One day it will get paid off. Dawn has started working a part time job now so that is helping to pay for some of the kids things. Talking to others I find that I am not alone in noticing that the pay doesn't go as far as it should.
What is your experience?
2 comments:
I think so in some ways: but most of our financial woes are due to bad decisions in the past, both to get into too much credit card debt and to do dumb things like a PhD!
I'm beating myself up at the moment. We bought a house in Perth when we lived there for just over $100,000. We had to decide whether to sell it when we came to Canada or to rent it out. So wanted to rent and hang onto it, and I thought we should sell. Turns out she was right: 4 years later, similar houses in Perth are selling for around $200,000. We would have had serious equity, instead of stuggling to scrape together a deposit to buy our first house again in our 40s. Damn! But, absent the invention of time travle, we've just gotta go forward from where we find ourselves.
I think most peoples financial woes are due to bad decisions. I know we have made way too many. But hopefully with Dawn helping out it will get a bit better. I have a few plans up my sleeve that will hopefully help us in the short term and hopefully in the long term. In the mean time...life goes on!! Come on 6-49 or Super7.
Post a Comment