The Computer is Fixed!! (Sort of)
I received a call from the tech who was working on my computer. First a little history. I picked up my "fixed" computer last Friday with a new power supply installed, took it home but received a CMOS error when trying to boot up. Took it back. Yesterday I got a call saying that he re-set the BIOS but when he tried to boot up it would go so far and then quit. He could, however, boot into safe mode. He was going to try some things today, which is Wednesday, and see what he could figure out. Well...it can apparently boot up but he is not sure what the problem is. I think it may be the sound card as I was plugging in the jack for the sound card when the computer died. He thinks I should back up the computer very soon as he doesn't think it will last long. When I get it home tonight I will remove the sound card and see what happens. If it works well....I might have to buy a new sound card. If we still have trouble I might have to buy a new computer. As long as we can get email we will be happy for now as it's been a couple of weeks and I'm sure there is something we need to see or respond to.
2 comments:
now if you could only get that finger fixed, the one that keeps hitting "Post, Post, Post" to your blogger...
Funny!! What happened was I sent an email from work to update the blog but I kept getting a return email saying there was an error so I kept trying. I guess it was posting anyway.
Post a Comment